Payment and Refund Information
Graduate and Online Undergraduate
- If under any circumstances deemed necessary at the discretion of the university, including but not limited to financial exigency, financial hardship, a major catastrophe, or a pandemic event, fees due or which may have been paid in advance to the university may or may not be remitted or refunded in whole or in part.
- Payment of tuition and fees is due on or before each course start date.
- If a student chooses to use financial aid to cover their bill, all steps must be completed and anticipated aid reflected on their student account prior to the same due dates
- Current or former students with any past due or prior balance will not be permitted to register for subsequent semesters or obtain a transcript or diploma.
- Any account balance that has been paid using a method other than debit/credit card will have a wait time before an account will be cleared for registration or for a release of an official transcript or diploma (see table below for timeframes).
- A $75.00 late fee per semester will be charged on all outstanding balances.
- A $25.00 fee will be charged on all returned checks.
- The university reserves the right to increase stated fees at any time. Fee changes become effective with the next payment due.
Billing and Payment Information
- Courses are billed for a full 16-week term at a time (fall, spring, and summer).
- William Woods University statement notices are delivered via email to William Woods issued email each month.
- Statement may list a due date but no penalties will be incurred if student makes arrangements for all current courses to be covered on or before the course start date.
- Students can use CASHNet (via Owlnet) to log in and make secure payments on their accounts. Using CASHNet, students can also give permission to others (e.g. parents, guardians, spouses) to view statement information and make online payments to accounts. The student is responsible for creating these logins - Student Financial Services staff cannot set up these accounts on a student's behalf.
- Effective July 1, 2020, William Woods University will no longer accept debit/credit card payments for student accounts in person or over the phone. All card payments for student account balances must be made through our online payment processor, CashNet. For more information, visit the Card Payment Information page.
Remit checks or money orders to:
William Woods University
Please allow two weeks processing for personal checks.
Access the CASHnet system via Owlnet
Credit/debit cards (2.75% transaction fee)
Electronic check (E-Check) (no transaction fee) (allow seven days processing)
Refund and Withdrawal Policy
- A student who withdraws from a program or drops a course during the refund period will receive a refund of tuition to their student account according to the Refund Schedule below.
- Students enrolled in graduate or online undergraduate courses may drop a course by the end of the 5th business day after the course start date without a tuition or fee charge.
- Course fees are not refundable if the course is dropped after the end of the 5th business day.
- Tuition may be pro-rated if course is dropped after the 5th business day .
- All refunds will be calculated from the date the application for withdrawal is officially filed with the Office of the Registrar. Non-attendance of class does not constitute official withdrawal. This refund policy applies to both full and part-time students. Refund of tuition is according to the Refund Schedule below.
- If a student adds or drops courses or completes an official withdraw from a graduate or online undergraduate program, a recalculation of federal aid may be required.
On or before the last day of the 1st business week of the class
On or before the last day of the 2nd business week of the class
On or before the last day of the 3rd business week of the class
After the 3rd business week of class
*A business week is defined as 8am Monday through 4:30pm Friday.