Academic Policy Details

Withdrawal From A Course

Students who wish to withdraw from a course must consult with their academic advisor and complete the official schedule change form that is available in the Office of the Registrar. Students may withdraw from a course during the first 11 weeks of the semester; exact dates are shown in the online academic calendar. A grade of "W" will be entered. W grades do not count in the student's semester or cumulative GPA. The withdrawal is not official until the paperwork is processed through the Office of the Registrar. A student who simply stops going to class or who fails to process the withdrawal form according to the deadline will receive a letter grade based upon the entire semester's work.

(Revised 5/12/2008)


These policies apply to the Semester Program/On Campus students only.  Graduate College Students will need to consult the Graduate College Bulletin.

Academic Catalog 2009