Academic Policy Details

Transfer Credit

William Woods students who wish to take a course at another college or university must obtain approval from their academic advisor and the registrar to assure that the course is eligible for transfer and fits within their academic program.

Credits are accepted at full value provided that the transferring institution is accredited by an agency recognized by the USDE (U.S. Department of Education) and CHEA (Council for Higher Education Accreditation). Courses that are comparable to William Woods University offerings are accepted in transfer. Courses accepted in transfer must have a final grade earned of "C" or above.

A total of 70 hours may be accepted from community colleges.

The maximum credit hours accepted by the university by transfer, examination, and/or portfolio may not exceed 90 credits. To earn a degree from William Woods University, a student must earn a minimum of 30 classroom credit hours at William Woods University. The university may award credit by dual enrollment and/or advanced placement. There is a per credit hour posting fee for credit received through advanced placement. Grades received in dual enrollment (high school students come to campus), dual credit (students take classes at high school site, but register through us), and students registered through WWU will count toward WWU gpa. Transfer credit is not accepted as part of a student's last 30 hours.

An offical transcript must be sent to the registrar's office at William Woods University before any transfer course can be accepted into the student's program of study. Official transcripts certifying coursework must be received in the registrar's office prior to the student's final semester (15 credits). The Registrar is the official person to grant transfer credit; any questions should be addressed to the Registrar.

Office of Registrar Contact:

Joyce Arnold (573) 592-4248

Revised 03/16/2009


These policies apply to the Semester Program/On Campus students only.  Graduate College Students will need to consult the Graduate College Bulletin.

Academic Catalog 2009