Academic Policy Details

Declaration of Major/Minor

Students indicate an intended major/minor at the time of their initial enrollment. Thereafter, a change of major/minor is processed through the Office of the Registrar. Students must declare a major prior to their registration as a junior.

Double Major/Minor Policy

Any student interested in pursuing a second major simultaneously should declare a primary major and a secondary major with the Registrar's office. If the two majors are under different degrees the student will have to declare the degree of the primary major.

Double Degree

William Woods University does, under specified circumstances and conditions, admit students to study for a second baccalaureate degree. A second baccalaureate degree, in addition to other requirements, requires the possession of a complete baccalaureate prior to admission and no less than 30 credit hours of academic work subsequent to the award of the first degree.

The University does not permit under any circumstances or conditions, simultaneous study for two baccalaureate degrees. Students who pursue double majors with different degree designations must elect one or the other degree designation. They may not select both. A double major does not constitute a double degree or a second degree. Students in the adult degree completion program (Graduate and Adult Studies Program) do not earn double majors.


These policies apply to the Semester Program/On Campus students only.  Graduate College Students will need to consult the Graduate College Bulletin.

Academic Catalog 2009