Admissions Menu

Academic Policy Details


Academic Grievance


Students should be protected from prejudice and capriciousness in matters of academic policy and practice. They are entitled to a reasonable explanation of their performance in relation to the standards of a program or a course. Initial inquiries in academic matters should be directed to the course instructor. Appeals should be addressed to the appropriate division chair or to the Undergraduate Academic Dean. If the inquiry with the instructor and the appeal to the division chair or dean is not satisfactory, the student may file a formal grievance according to the guidelines listed under Grade Appeal.


 A formal grievance must be submitted in writing to the Undergraduate Academic Dean within 15 class days of the fall or spring semester immediately following the semester during which the matter of grievance occurred.


Academic Catalog 16-17