Ivy Scholars is a summer program for incoming students, designed to help students prepare for life at The Woods while getting a start on Gen Ed courses. Ivy Scholars is about much more than classes. We’re continuing our tradition of providing current students as mentors so you can get the real scoop and make new friends, too!
Who should take advantage of Ivy Scholars?
If you are…
- Curious about what college courses might be like
- Interested in "easing in" to college coursework while earning Gen Ed credits.
- Planning to double major or graduate early
- Involved in athletics or equestrian studies
- Interested in study abroad
- Nervous about college – and what it’s really like to live and study on a university campus
- Ready to meet new people and learn about campus before you get here!
Eligible students are enrolled for WWU for Fall 2024 and first-time in college (recent high school graduates).
The Ivy Scholars experience...
- You’ll meet other incoming classmates, a few professors and an upper-class mentor, and enjoy social activities, too!
- In addition to the class time, there will also be a set time each day to meet with your mentor and classmates.
- In addition to helping with the class(es) you are taking, your mentor is also an upper-class student who can answer questions about campus before you arrive.
- All Ivy Scholars participants will have the opportunity to come to campus a day early and meet their mentors and groups in person! (That means you also get to move in a day early).
Get a head start on your Gen Ed course requirements!
- Students will select two classes to participate in. These classes fulfill general education requirements.
- The classes will meet at a set time each day for 1 ½ hours, five days a week (Monday through Friday) for three weeks.
- You can ask questions of your professors, mentors and classmates and interact in real time.
How much does it cost?
Summer 2024 Ivy Scholars dates will be announced soon!
The cost for Ivy Scholars is $2,300. This includes a $100 deposit due by May 1 with the remaining $2,200 due by June 1. All students must also pay their 2024-25 academic year tuition deposit before they can enroll in Ivy Scholars. Pay your tuition deposit here.
Students may qualify for financial assistance in the form of loans or grants. Please complete your 2023-2024 FAFSA to determine your eligibility.
Space is limited - early registration is encouraged!
All students must be registered by May 1, 2024.