Gain essential knowledge and skills to pursue careers in health professions, pre-med or pre-vet, research, business and more.
Science Undergraduate Programs
You will be amazed at what you can do.
Your goal may be graduate school, research, medicine, veterinary science or the biotech industry. Whatever your path, come to William Woods University in Fulton, Missouri for bachelors programs in science — biology, physics, math, psychology — that will prepare you through sophisticated facilities, small classes, close mentoring and collaboration, plus an emphasis on hands-on lab work in nearly every class.
- Enjoy mentoring and hands-on learning in all of our science courses
- Find yourself sequencing DNA in one of our campus labs as part of the Genomics Education Partnership
- Perform high-level research in collaboration with a faculty mentor
- Choose from a variety of student organizations and clubs to join, which will support you in your studies, including Beta Beta Beta, the biology honors society
- Join frequent trips to field sites and research laboratories, including an international Tropical Biology trip
Our Sciences degree at work
Our B.A. and B.S. math and science degree programs are designed to give you curriculum flexibility so you can tailor your education for graduate school, research, teaching or a business career in science.
Potential career options include:
- Research and development
- Counseling or clinical psychology
- Actuarial Science
- Medicine and health professions
- And much more
Preparation for Advanced and Graduate School Programs
We offer Bachelor of Science in Biology concentrations in pre-veterinary and pre-medicine as well as curriculum and advising aligned with the needs of those pursuing advanced degrees. William Woods University has experienced a significantly high acceptance rate for students who have applied for advanced professional degree programs in veterinary medicine, medical school, pharmacy and physical therapy doctoral programs, among others.
Our alumni have earned advanced degrees and are practicing in various health professions including:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M)
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.)
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.)
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm. D.)
- Physical Therapist (P.T.)
- Occupational Therapist (O.T.)
- Physician's Assistant (P.A.)
I love the Biology program! Classes are challenging, professors are amazing and very personable, and they help you grow into the person you need to be to graduate and move on successfully. I feel very prepared for Physician Assistant grad school.
—Kate Doerhoff ‘21, Biology
Something really unique about William Woods is the one-on-one relationship we get with the professors. Getting to meet with different people in the department has been so helpful to my experience and I have learned so much from them. It has really molded my college experience.
—Haley Shepard ’20, Psychology
Majors and Minors
Build a strong foundation in various areas of psychology for success in graduate school or a number of careers.