- Programs and Degrees
- Exercise and Sports Science
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Exercise Science
- Human Performance Concentration
Human Performance Concentration
Train hard for a career helping others achieve optimal health and performance.
With interesting and practical coursework in topics like exercise physiology, kinesiology, fitness testing and prescription, and nutrition, Human Performance students learn to assess physical status and design programs to improve areas of wellness for various populations. Students prepare for certifications and careers as fitness instructors, personal trainers certified strength and conditioning specialists, wellness directors, workplace ergonomic specialists and more. A minor in Business Administration can further strengthen career potential.
Regardless of career path, the human performance concentration ensures students graduate with an understanding of the way the body works and how it responds to specialized training plans for exercise and nutrition.
- Highly skilled faculty with real-world experience
- Preparation for certification; recognized by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Service learning and internships for hands-on experience
- Hands-on experience with treadmill testing and metabolic cart assessment
- $1.3 million state-of-the-art Center for Human Performance
Concentrations and Curriculum
The Human Performance concentration is part of the Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science.
All Exercise Science students start with core set of classes that provide a solid foundation in health and wellness. Then students choose a concentration that aligns with their career goals and interests. In addition to Human Performance, concentrations include Pre-Athletic Training; Pre-Physical Therapy; Sport Management; and Sports, Recreation and Leisure.
Learn more about undergraduate admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.