Academics Menu ▾
Weekend Riding Times
Have a Good Ride
- Outside of class riding times are posted on the doors of the tack rooms and in both indoor arenas. Most weekends riding is available from 9-12 and 1-5 pm. Outside events (horse shows and clinics) may alter the regular outside of class riding schedule.
- A supervisor MUST be here in order for students to be able to ride outside of class! If you are attempting to ride outside of the designated free ride hours, you must be sure someone is here and is going to be around for a while before you get on your horse. If there is no supervisor here, you MAY NOT ride at that time.
- For your safety, you may not ride all by yourself in Rowland Arena: there must be at least one other human present (mounted or unmounted) for your entire ride.
- Riders: Please note that only two arenas should be used for riding at any one time, so that keepers may use the other for turn out. If keepers ask you to move to a different arena, please honor their wishes and help them out!
- Please practice courtesy and common sense when sharing the ring with others. Call out "rail" or "outside" or "inside" to let others know what line you intend to ride past them on. Be aware of everyone else and always yield to the rider/driver who has the least maneuverability.
- Jog carts have priority during scheduled times.