- Programs and Degrees
- Related Education Resources
- Student Teaching
Application to Program. The following policies pertain to all students applying to the Student Teaching Program. Admission to the Student Teaching Program connotes that the student is prepared to begin his or her semester of student teaching. Students may obtain their Student Teaching Program admission form at the Education Division office, room AB 304.
Student Teaching Program applications and materials need to be received by midterm of the semester prior to the semester in which the student intends to do his or her student teaching. Applications WILL NOT be accepted after this date.
- Acceptance into the Teacher Education Program
- Completion of the MoGEA.
- 2.75 minimum grade point average in all classes taken at all higher education institutions (If a course is repeated, the attempt with the lower grade is exempted)
- 2.75 minimum grade point average at William Woods University
- 3.0 minimum grade point average in all Professional Education Coursework
- 3.0 minimum grade point average in Secondary Certification sequence (if applicable)
- Passing score on the Content Assessment exam in the area of the student teaching experience is required
- Acceptance by faculty to be admitted to the Student Teaching Program
- Background check submitted to DESE and/or the school district.
- *Education majors must complete all content matrix courses for their certification area with a final grade of “C” or better.
NOTE: Students who do not have passing Content Assessment exam scores in their certification area on file with the William Woods University Division of Education are not eligible to participate in the student teaching semester.