- Programs and Degrees
- Related Education Resources
- Google Certification Option
Google Certification Option
Become a Google Certified Educator and learn to how to incorporate the latest technology into your classroom.
Google Certified Educator Training
Schools around the world are utilizing Google’s G Suite for Education. In fact, over 80 million students and teachers use Google’s Education tools. One recent U.S Department of Education report highlights the rapidly increasing integration of technology into American classrooms and calls for more rigorous training in educator preparation programs.
Google Certified teachers integrate technology into their teaching using strategies and tools that:
- Simplify classroom management
- Help teachers connect and communicate with students, parents, and colleagues
- Create new ways to assess student learning and provide high-quality feedback
- Facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity
- Increase efficiency and save time
- Support professional growth and leadership
Pre-service teachers in the William Woods University Educator Preparation Program will have the opportunity to become Google Certified Educators with support from faculty dedicated to digital pedagogy and blended learning. In addition, students will have opportunities to implement practical digital skills in clinical coursework, building on frameworks, such as:
- The SAMR Model for Technology Integration
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Standards
To learn more about Google Educator Certification, visit: https://teachercenter.withgoogle.com/certification.