- Programs and Degrees
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Digital Filmmaking
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Digital Filmmaking
Bring stories to life and your future into focus.
Watch your passion for cinematography, storytelling, and creativity come alive as you pursue a future in the flourishing field of digital filmmaking. It’s more than just Hollywood; businesses, nonprofits, marketing agencies, corporations and institutions all over the world recognize the powerful tool of digital filmmaking and seek professionals to tell their story through videos.
The Bachelor of Fine Arts in Digital Filmmaking degree at William Woods University prepares students to be well-rounded, versatile field practitioners by providing them with a diverse portfolio of knowledge and experience in a variety of mediums such as music videos, advertising, documentaries, fictional narratives, and experimental projects.
You will take courses in film production, screenwriting, editing and special effects, cinematography, lighting, sound design, theory, critique and more as you cultivate a mastery of the filmmaking process from pre-production to post-production. Whether it’s your dream to be a screenwriter, editor, producer, director, marketer, digital content creator, videographer, animator, multimedia manager, or other pursuits in the film industry, the digital filmmaking degree at William Woods University opens the door to a multitude of opportunities.
- Learn from faculty who have extensive background experience working in film, editing and production, cinematography, and other related fields
- Gain experience working across a variety of editing platforms, including Final Cut, DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Avid MediaComposer, ProTools, and others.
- Produce a variety of projects every semester across the spectrum of the film production industry, including commercial videos, narrative films, experimental films, music videos, documentaries, trailers and more, and gain experience creating video content from your first weeks of freshman year until the time you graduate
- Get involved in student production groups on campus, like Reel Fanatics Film Club, and increase your knowledge in entertainment production of the production and entertainment industry while spending time with peers who share your passion
- Intern with a multitude of organizations and gain real world experience creating video content and putting what you’ve learned in the classroom into practice
Your digital filmmaking degree at work
Our bachelor in digital filmmaking graduates find themselves working in a wide variety of professional areas, including advertising and marketing agencies, broadcast networks and agencies, in-house video production departments and production studios. They can also be found pursuing freelance and entrepreneurship opportunities.
Students who complete their bachelors in digital filmmaking can also be found pursuing an MA or MFA in film studies, cinema production or similar fields.
Our alumni have found great careers at:
- Studio City KC
- Chimaeric Motion Pictures
- United Way
- FC Dallas
- TriDigital Marketing
- Intuitive Surgical
- Fairmont Grand Del Mar Resorts
- Millard Family Chapels
- State of Missouri
- Sofar Sounds St. Louis
- Oh Snap Multimedia
- And more…