MBA/MHA Dual Degree Program
Learn to manage the complexities of healthcare
The business of healthcare is like no other. It’s an industry with numerous, uncontrollable variables, such as; the rising cost of medications, new disease treatments and ever-changing government reimbursement policies.
Because the healthcare industry is so unique, there’s a growing demand for those who have both a strong foundation in business management and a deep understanding of the specific details of the healthcare system.
Designed to fit your busy life, the MBA/MHA program at William Woods University lets you earn both degrees in a shorter amount of time than if the degrees were pursued separately. There is a twelve credit hour reduction because you only need to complete the core MBA and MHA courses.
A look at the numbers
A dual MBA/MHA provides graduates with a strong business foundation and specialized knowledge in health administration, which prepares you for highly competitive positions in industries such as:
- Healthcare organizations
- Health insurance
- Medical/management consulting
- State and federal policy agencies
- Government health agencies
- Pharmaceutical companies
You will earn your MBA/MHA degrees by completing 60 credit hours, consisting of 36 MBA credit hours and 24 MHA credit hours.
Entrance requirements for both the Master of Business Administration and the Master of Health Administration programs must be met for entry into the Dual MBA/MHA Option. Upon completion of all required MBA/MHA courses, you’ll receive two separate diplomas.
Courses you may take
- BUS 500 Management and Leadership
- BUS 517 Human Resources & Organizational Behavior
- BUS 524 Economics for Managers
- BUS 538 Accounting for Managers
- BUS 539 Legal Environment for Business, Government and Society
- BUS 542 Finance
- BUS 545 Managerial Ethics
- BUS 552 Business Strategies
- BUS 560 Statistics and Research Methods
- BUS 566 Financial Decisions
- BUS 580 Management Systems
- BUS 585 Integrated Studies in Business Administration
- HLT 505 Healthcare Administration
- HLT 519 Legal Aspects of Healthcare
- HLT 527 Human Resources Management in Healthcare
- HLT 540 Ethics in Healthcare
- HLT 541 Healthcare Systems Financial Management
- HLT 583 Organizational and Change Management in Healthcare Administration
- HLT 592 Policy Issues in Healthcare Administration
- HLT 598 Integrated Studies in Health Administration
- Completed application
- Official transcripts (2.5 GPA or higher) mailed from the college/university of which you graduated
- You must have 3 hours of accounting and 3 hours of economics on an undergraduate level. (WWU provides these courses online.)
- One or more years of relevant work experience in healthcare or an undergraduate degree in a health related field.
Your digital classroom. Available anywhere.
William Woods’ online graduate programs are available to students across the country. From our main campus in Fulton, Missouri and beyond, our online graduates hail from California, Illinois, Kansas, Washington, Arkansas and many other states.
The MBA portion of this program may be completed on-ground in Fulton, MO,
Columbia, MO and Jefferson City, MO. It may also be completed in part or, completely online. The MHA portion of this program is completed online.
Learn more about online admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.