Online Master of Healthcare Administration
Practical training for a growing field
Prepare for a leadership role in the growing healthcare field through real-world experiences and practical coursework.
There are over 784,626 healthcare companies in the United States — providing equipment, insurance, services, and more. Additionally, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects employment of healthcare occupations to grow 19 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. This is projected to add about 2.3 million new jobs. And this includes leadership. Every doctor’s office, hospital, call center, laboratory, research institute, outpatient and residential care facility needs managers and administrators.
Medical and Health Services Managers:
Delivered online to fit your schedule, location and convenience, the William Woods University Master of Healthcare Administration will prepare you for this growing need with the leadership and administration skills, as well as hands-on training, to manage a number of realms in the healthcare industry.
All courses include a weekly forum discussion relevant to the week’s topics. This allows you to communicate and collaborate with other students, and learn from your peers’ personal and professional experiences.
In this program, you will learn to:
- Plan, direct and coordinate medical and healthcare services, manage a facility, clinical area or department, and more
- Analyze ethical and legal issues in healthcare administration policies and develop recommendations for improvement
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of current healthcare technology
- Evaluate a healthcare facilities’ culture and underlying structure to develop effective management and leadership strategies
- Create sound healthcare marketing strategies based on analysis of the various types of healthcare consumers
- Analyze the effects of decisions made by healthcare administrators on the financial position of the facility
Your online Master of Healthcare Administration degree at work:
Many professionals with an MHA work in hospitals, residential facilities, universities, medical equipment manufacturing, health systems and insurance companies.
Job responsibilities and titles include:
- Health information manager
- Clinical manager
- Health communication
- Medical center director
- Budget director
- Human Resources manager
- Hospital Administrator
- Physician Group Administrator
- Insurance company or HMO administrator
- Administrator for Medical Equipment Manufacturer
- And more...
The Master of Healthcare Administration is a total of 36 credits, which will cover ethics, terminology, technology, human resources management, case studies, finances and law, all with a key focus on the healthcare industry. You will earn the degree by completing 12 courses, including a practicum experience within a healthcare facility, the impetus for students to create a capstone project or thesis.
Courses you may take
- BMT501 Orientation to Healthcare Systems
- BMT505 Healthcare Administration
- BMT546 Ethics in Healthcare
- BMT520 Medical Terminology for the Healthcare Manager
- BMT570 Healthcare Marketing
- BMT581 Healthcare Technology
- BMT527 Human Resources Management in Healthcare
- BMT519 Legal Aspects of Healthcare Admin
- BMT567 Healthcare Systems Financial Management
- BMT585 Exploration of Healthcare Administration Issues
- BMT591 Healthcare Industry Practicum
- BMT599 Capstone Thesis
- Completed application
- Official transcripts (2.5 GPA or higher) mailed from the college/university of which you graduated
Your digital classroom. Available anywhere.
William Woods online graduate programs are available to students across the country. From our main campus in Fulton, Missouri and beyond, our online graduates hail from California, Illinois, Kansas, Washington, Arkansas and many other states.
Learn more about online admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.