Online Master of Health Administration (MHA)
Practical training for a growing field
Prepare for a leadership role in the growing healthcare field through real-world experiences and practical coursework.
There are over 784,626 healthcare companies in the United States — providing equipment, insurance, services, and more. Additionally, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects employment of healthcare occupations to grow 19 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. This is projected to add about 2.3 million new jobs. And this includes leadership. Every doctor’s office, hospital, call center, laboratory, research institute, outpatient and residential care facility needs managers and administrators.
Medical and Health Services Managers:
Delivered online to fit your schedule, location and convenience, the William Woods University Master of Health Administration will prepare you for this growing need with the leadership and administration skills, as well as hands-on training, to manage a number of realms in the healthcare industry.
All courses include a weekly forum discussion relevant to the week’s topics. This allows you to communicate and collaborate with other students, and learn from your peers’ personal and professional experiences.
In this program, you will learn to:
- Plan, direct and coordinate medical and healthcare services, manage a facility, clinical area or department, and more
- Analyze ethical and legal issues in health administration policies and develop recommendations for improvement
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of current healthcare technology
- Evaluate a healthcare facilities’ culture and underlying structure to develop effective management and leadership strategies
- Create sound healthcare marketing strategies based on analysis of the various types of healthcare consumers
- Analyze the effects of decisions made by health administrators on the financial position of the facility
Your online Master of Health Administration degree at work:
Many professionals with an MHA work in hospitals, residential facilities, universities, medical equipment manufacturing, health systems and insurance companies.
Job responsibilities and titles include:
- Health information manager
- Clinical manager
- Health communication
- Medical center director
- Budget director
- Human Resources manager
- Hospital Administrator
- Physician Group Administrator
- Insurance company or HMO administrator
- Administrator for Medical Equipment Manufacturer
- And more...
The Master of Health Administration is a total of 36 credits, which will cover ethics, technology, human resources management, case studies, finance, law and other areas with a focus on the healthcare industry. You will earn the degree by completing 12 courses, which includes core health administration courses, graduate business course electives and a capstone course.
Courses you may take
- HLT 505 Healthcare Administration
- HLT 519 Legal Aspects of Healthcare
- HLT 527 Human Resources Management in Healthcare
- HLT 540 Ethics in Healthcare
- BUS 542 Finance
- HLT 555 Healthcare Systems Financial Management
- BUS 560 Statistics and Research Methods
- HLT 583 Organizational and Change Management in Healthcare Administration
- HLT 592 Policy Issues in Healthcare Administration
- HLT 598 Integrated Studies in Health Administration
- BUS 5XX Graduate Business Elective
- BUS 5XX Graduate Business Elective
- Completed application.
- Official transcripts (2.5 GPA or higher) mailed from the college/university of which you graduated.
- Prior work experience in healthcare is not required but one or more years of relevant work experience in healthcare or an undergraduate degree in a health related field is preferred.
Your digital classroom. Available anywhere.
William Woods’ online graduate programs are available to students across the country. From our main campus in Fulton, Missouri and beyond, our online graduates hail from California, Illinois, Kansas, Washington, Arkansas and many other states.
Learn more about online admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.