Email Signature Template
Electronic mail communications are often the only contact you may have with a constituent. Therefore, email sent via any of the university’s electronic communications systems must project a positive image of the university and build the WWU brand. An email signature template has been designed to ensure consistency and uniformity across the campus.
Guidelines for your Email Signature
- All emails sent via the university’s electronic communications systems should have a plain white background.
- No other colors or graphics such as clouds, stripes, plants, etc., should be used. No logos or taglines -- including the WWU logo and tagline -- should be part of an email signature, as some cellphones have trouble displaying these.
- Middle initial and professional designation (Ph.D., Ed.D., MLS, MAT, etc.) are optional.
- Class year is optional for alumni.
- The mobile phone number is optional.
- Font: Arial, 9-point
- Your name and title are in bold, dark green font.
- University name, address, phone numbers and website are black.
- No icons.
Kristina Bright ‘02, ‘05
Marketing and Creative Director
William Woods University
One University Avenue
Fulton, MO 65251
Change an email signature
- From the main Microsoft Outlook window, on the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Mail Format tab.
- In the Compose in this message format list, click the message format that the signature is used with.
- Under Signature, click Signatures.
- Click the signature you want to change, and then click Edit.
- In the Signature text box, type the text you want to include in the signature. You can also paste text to this box from another document.
- To change the paragraph or font format, select the text, click Font or Paragraph, and then select the options you want.
These options are not available if you use plain text as your message format.
Notices are not recommended as part of an email. The following statement is an example.
Confidentiality Notice: This email message, and its attachment(s), if any, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information which is privileged and/or confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, or use it and do not disclose it to others. Please contact the sender by reply email and delete it from your system.