Job Title: Associate Professor of Graduate Education
Reports To: Dean of Education
Job Type: This is a full time, exempt position.
The Associate Professor of Graduate Education is a full-time position, including teaching and dissertation chair responsibilities. Graduate teaching and dissertation chair responsibilities will be equivalent to 15 credit hours of instructional responsibilities per 12 month period, nine credit hours per year teaching load and chairing up to eight dissertation committees. Other administrative duties for the doctoral program may be assigned, as well. Chairing more than eight dissertation committees, serving on dissertation committees, and teaching courses beyond nine hours per year will be compensated at University rates. Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The position is located within the state of Missouri.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae (include courses taught), official transcripts, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and a list of three references with their online application.
Initial screening of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the design and development of curricula.
- Encourage the development of innovative approaches to course design and delivery.
- Facilitate Doctoral and Graduate courses and facilitate dissertation committee assignments.
- Ensure that teaching content and methods of delivery are in accordance with equal opportunities and respond to issues relating to staff and student needs.
- Chair and participate in dissertation committees and development of student research.
- Lead the development and implementation of research strategies.
- Write or contribute to publications or disseminate research findings using other appropriate methods.
- Must be able to travel to WWU cohorts to deliver curriculum and work with dissertation students.
- Other activities as assigned by the Dean of Education.
- Doctorate in Education is required.
- Experience in leading student research, dissertations, and developing doctoral graduate curriculum is preferred.
- Must be available for in-state travel to teach, work with dissertation students, and come to the Fulton campus, as requested.
- Must be qualified to teach Quantitative Research.
- Emints certification is preferred.
- Must possess a valid Missouri state driver's license.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer