Job Title: Graduate Assistant - Logo Store and Mail Center
Department: Business Services
Reports To: Manager of Logo Store and Mail Center Manager
Job Type: This is a part time, exempt position.
The Graduate Assistant is responsible for assisting the managers of the University Logo Store and University Mail Center in providing services to the University community. This is a split position serving both departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Be knowledgeable about William Woods University by having a thorough understanding of all the University and its mission.
- Work an average of 28 hours per week; mornings in the mail center and afternoons in the Logo Store. Logo Store may require some weekend and/or evenings for special events.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail in the University mail center. Assure proper delivery of on-campus mail. Assist customers in Mail Center with mail processing, receiving, etc.
- Responsible for day to day office operations such as data entry, mailings, and other operational duties.
- Assist the Logo Store manager with merchandising, sales, promotion, purchasing, and display.
- Represent William Woods University in a professional manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Normal office and retail environment
- Ability to operate cash register, mail processing, and other office equipment
- Holds a valid Missouri driver’s license
- Ability to climb several flights of stairs several times each day
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 30 pounds
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods
- Ability to speak and read English fluently
- Ability to hear
- Ability to use a computer keyboard
- Effective mobility skills required to move about freely and quickly in office and on campus
A suitable candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree, must be a leader with the ability to communicate and interact effectively with people, have outstanding customer service skills, and have the work ethic to complete tasks independently. Desirable qualities include flexibility, being a self-starter, willingness to learn, and commitment to work within a team. Experience in sales, marketing, web design, or public relations is preferred. Candidate must demonstrate good computer skills as well as good written and verbal skills. Candidate must be accepted into a WWU master’s program.
A Graduate Assistant will receive 100% tuition remission for any master’s program offered at WWU, along with on campus room (when available) and board when Tucker Dining Hall is open. This position is an 18-22 month position beginning May 2014.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer