Job Title: Professor of Accounting
Reports To: Dean of Business
Job Type: This is a full time, exempt position.
William Woods University is seeking a full-time, nine-month, tenure-track faculty position in the Accounting Program. The course load of 24 hours a year would include course requirements for majors in Accounting. The qualified candidate must be a visionary team-player. Advising, committee work, and supporting several minors in concentrations of accounting and business are important aspects of this position. Candidates will need a strong academic background in accounting. A Ph.D. in Accounting or a related field is strongly preferred (for tenure track), but we will consider candidates with a Masters in Accounting or a related field. Other important qualifications for candidates include professional accounting certifications or professional experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach advanced courses for majors and non-majors in Accounting I and II, Auditing, Income Taxation, Intermediate Accounting, and Advanced Accounting.
- Work with other Business Division faculty to revise curriculum and syllabi as needed.
- Advise students and engage in faculty committee involvement.
- Doctorate in the field or closely related field.
- Previous college teaching experience with evidence of effective instruction.
- Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications & experience
- Position begins August 2014
- Review of candidates begins immediately with on-campus interviews planned for the middle of the spring semester.
- Position will remain open until filled.
Typical Physical Demands:
This position occasionally requires standing, lifting, pulling, pushing, carrying, climbing, and reaching both high and low. This position frequently requires walking and balancing. This position constantly requires sitting, repetitious finger and wrist movement, speaking clearly, hearing conversations, hearing (with acuity), seeing near and far with depth perception and color vision.
Ability to climb stairs and move freely over campus as needed.
August to May as per the Academic Calendar
Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, statement of teaching philosophy, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and contact information for three references, one being a supervisor.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer