Job Title: Graduate Assistant - Men's Basketball
Reports To: Head Coach Men's Basketball
Job Type: This is a part time, exempt position.
The duties of the Graduate Assistant Men's Basketball Coach will be to assist the Head Basketball Coach in all areas of the operations of the basketball program. This will include, but not be limited to, the items listed in this job description.
The term of this job description is from the beginning of August until the end of May, or the academic year as outlined by William Woods University. However, room and tuition continue year-round.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in player development and training.
- Selected individual must have an understanding of the game of basketball.
- Selected individual must be able to communicate effectively his/her understanding of the game.
- Selected individual must be able to properly demonstrate his/her understanding of the game in training sessions and drills.
- Selected individual must be competent to run training sessions with the direction of the Head Basketball Coach.
- Selected individual must be able to translate the instructions of the Head Basketball Coach effectively and in a timely manner during training sessions.
- Selected individual must be able to assist whenever and wherever needed during all training sessions.
- Selected individual must be able to follow directions (either verbal, written, or implied) by the Head Basketball Coach.
- Selected individual must be able to publicly support all decisions of the Head Basketball Coach and be supportive of the Vision of the Head Basketball Coach.
- Selected individual must be able to maintain an appropriate, consistent, and fair level of discipline as defined by the Head Basketball Coach.
- Selected individual must maintain consistent office hours as agreed upon by the Head Basketball Coach and selected individual.
- Selected individual is expected to keep an accurate accounting of all statistical data required by the Head Basketball Coach. This includes game day statistics and training statistics.
- Selected individual will assist in the tracking and maintenance of all equipment.
- Selected individual will be responsible for ensuring that all games are video recorded.
- Selected individual will be responsible for conducting video review sessions with players/team.
- Selected individual will be responsible for pre-game activities to include coordination of transportation and accommodation.
- Selected individual will be responsible for game day activities to include setup and breakdown of equipment and gear.
- Selected individual will be responsible for assisting in the development of summer camp activities and summer camp promotions.
- Selected individual may be called upon for community service and fundraising activities to include planning, coordination of, implementation of, and supervision.
- Selected individual will be responsible for supervision and attendance tracking of Study Tables and required extra study sessions.
Typical Physical Demands:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to climb several flights of stairs several times each day and move freely on campus
- Ability to crouch, kneel, bend, or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to spend time outdoors and in inclement weather
- Ability to speak and read English fluently
- Ability to hear
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and phone
- Effective mobility skills required to move about freely and quickly in office and on campus
- Must meet the requirements of the William Woods University vehicle policy
Graduate Assistants work an average of 25 hours per week. More during the soccer season and less during the off season. The Graduate Assistant is not required to work during the summer months, but may continue to live in campus housing (if awarded) and continue taking classes.
This is a 10-month position beginning August and ending in May. However, compensation includes full tuition in a masters program and board when the campus dining facility is open. Room is available in some cases.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer