Job Title: Graduate Assistant - Equestrian Studies
Department: Equestrian Studies
Reports To: Equestrian Studies Division Chair
Job Type: This is a full time, exempt position.
This is for an 18-20 month appointment and lasts the duration of a master’s program.
GAs are expected to work 25-28 hours a week. Weekend and evening work will be required. Assigned times and schedules are subject to change.
A Graduate Assistant will receive tuition remission for any master’s program offered at WWU, along with on-campus room (if available) and board.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the EQS Division Chair, responsibilities will be broad and varied, including
- Assisting with coordination and supervision of the EQS work study program
- Assisting faculty before, during, and after riding classes
- Updating equine database and website content, assisting with tours and visitors, proctoring and assisting in EQA and EQS classes
- Assisting with the summer riding program
- Assisting with organization and supervision of various events
- EQS website and horse record-keeping
- Overseeing weekend riding
- Overseeing/supervising Thanksgiving, Winter and Spring breaks
- Multitude of projects that are unique to the EQS division.
- A suitable candidate should be a leader, horseperson and a proficient in applied riding instruction.
- Desirable qualities include flexibility, a willingness to learn, a good work ethic and the ability to work well with students and faculty.
- Candidate should demonstrate good computer skills, as well as good written and verbal skills.
- CPR certification is required for riding supervision.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer