Job Title: Summer Riding Program - Assistant Counselor
Department: Equestrian Studies
Reports To: Summer Riding Program Director/Head Counselor
Job Type: This is a full time, exempt position.
The position is responsible for assisting counselors during Summer Riding Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with campers while they are at the dining hall for breakfast and lunch
- Assist with large group activities as requested by the head counselor
- Assists with any “situation” that they might witness when it comes to the safety and/or inappropriate behavior of the campers
- Communicate with Director and counselors about any potential problem situations
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have experience eating in a university dining hall due to college enrollment or participation in residential camps.
- Preferred experience with youth programs, both in programming and supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to listen and problem solve.
- Any combination of education training or experience that provides required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, bend, walk or stand for long periods.
- Ability to work irregular hours.
- Ability to be exposed to dusts, fumes and odoriferous working conditions.
- Ability to speak and read English fluently.
- Ability to hear.
This is a 20 – 25 hour per week position during the period when camp is in session.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer