Owl's Email & Mobile Phone Setup
Owls.Williamwoods.edu provides all students and alumni with a 10 GB lifetime email account, online storage, collaboration features, instant messaging, calendaring, photo albums, personal and shared folders.
Setting Up Your Mobile Device:
iPhone and iPad Settings
- Connect to WWU Wireless for best results by choosing Settings >> Wi-Fi >> WWU Wireless.
- Enter your username/password to connect
- To add the mail account go to Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Add Account
- Choose Microsoft Exchange
- Fill in the following fields
- Email Address - Your e-mail address
- Domain - owls.williamwoods.edu
- Username - Your e-mail address
- Password - Your password
- Hit Next and allow it to Verify
- When the screen comes back, put in the following as the server: m.outlook.com (You may have to remove pod51004.outlook.com)
- Hit Next and Save and allow your e-mails to pull in
(All Android devices differ by manufacturer. Most devices require the following settings for connecting to wireless and Owls E-Mail)
Step 1. Android Wireless -
- Select "Apps" in the upper right hand corner.
- Scroll over and select "Settings"
- In Settings you should already have "Wireless & networks" selected on the left hand column.
- Select Wi-Fi settings on the right hand column.
- Click the "Turn on Wi-Fi" box
- Now select WWU Wireless from the right hand column.
- Skip down to the "Identity" field and enter the username you use to login to computer on campus.
- Skip down to the "Password" field and enter the password you use to login to computers on campus. (Hit OK)
- Select "Connect" below the fields.
- You should now be connected to the William Woods Secured wireless.
Step 2. Setting up WWU Owls Email on your Android Device
- Go to settings and open (Accounts and Sync) Tab
- Select (Add) Account located at upper right hand side of screen
- Tap Email Account
- Type your email address on full and password and tap next
- Choose (Exchange)
- Click Manual setup in the upper right corner
- PEAP settings should be MSCHAPv2
- In the domain\username line type full email address again
- Type password
- For server type m.outlook.com tap next →Make sure (use secure connection) is checked
- Click next
- Give your account a name (This may pop up after you close your email window).
- Activate and you are all set up
Online Students and Mobile Apps for Moodle
You may download the Apple apphere for your Apple devices or Android app http://www.moodlenews.com/2011/introducing-mbot-the-1-android-client-for-moodle/ for your Android devices to access your online classes at http://williamwoods.learninghouse.com.
Log in to your account
Your username and password is your first and middle initial combined with your last name @owls.williamwoods.edu. For example, John K Doe will be email@example.com. Your initial password will be your student ID number. If you don’t have a middle initial, an “N” will be used as a placeholder (example, Jane Doe would be firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to change your password:
- Log into your email account.
- Click Change under Password reset information.
Access your Mail, Calendar & Contacts
- Click Mail from the top menu.
- You should now see your Inbox.
- When you compose a message, you can choose other members of the WWU organization by clicking on the address book next to the word To if you wish.
Click Calendar on the bottom left.
- While you are in mail, click Add contact.
- Once they receive your invitation, you can chat with them through this portal.
Forward Messages to another Account:
- Click Options on the right side of the page, then click Organize E-mail, then click Inbox Rules.
- Under Inbox Rules, click New.
- Under When the message arrives, select Apply to all messages.
- Under Do the following, select Redirect the message to.
- Put the address you want it redirected to in the To field.
- Click OK
- Click Save.