Vice President and Dean of Graduate College; Professor, English
Areas of Expertise:
- The Fundamentals of a Mission Statement
- Formulating Your Business Plan
- Integrity in the Workplace
- Communication in the Workplace
- Composition Research
- Children's Literature
- Ph.D., University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- M.A., Pittsburgh State University, Kan.
- B.A., Harding University, Searcy, Ark.
- Vice President and Dean of Graduate College, 2009-
- President, Rochester College, Mich., 2003-2009
- Provost, Rochester College, 1995-2003
- Administrative Vice President, York College, 1989-1995
- Vice President for Student Services, York College, 1987-1989
- Assistant to Academic Vice President, York College, 1977
- Accreditation Review Committee
- Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association
- National Conference of Academic Deans
- Assessment Committee for the Higher Learning Commission
- Executive Board of Association of Independent College and Universities in Michigan (AICUM)
- Nebraska Educational Television Consortium of Higher Education
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- King's Academy, Sunnyvale, Calif.
- Great Lakes Christian College, Lansing, Mich.
- Newman University, Wichita, Kan.
- TCMI, graduate institution, Vienna, Austria
Honors and/or awards:
- Outstanding Graduating English Major, Harding University
- York College's Dale R. Larsen Teacher of Achievement Award
- York College Teacher of the Year (five times)
- Outstanding Alumnus College of Arts and Humanities, Harding University