Administrative Consulting/Professor of Educationsherry.firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of Expertise:
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Teaching English
- Teaching Gifted Students
- Writing across the curriculum
- AQIP and PEAQ team facilitator for HLC
- Postdoctoral Work in English; University of Arkansas, 1993-1996
- Ed.D., Higher Education Leadership: College Teaching, University of Arkansas, 1993
- Certification in Gifted Education; Arkansas Tech University, 1985
- M.E., Secondary Education/Biology, University of Arkansas, 1978
- B.S.E., English/Biology, University of Arkansas, 1971
- 1996-present William Woods University faculty
- 1971-1996 English/Biology/Gifted Teacher Alma High School
- American Association of University Administrators, 2001-present
- Council of Independent Colleges-CAO Organization, 2005-present
- National Council of Teachers of English, 1973-present
- Delta Kappa Gamma International Society, 1980-present
Honors and/or awards:
- Delta State Chapter of Delta Kappa Gamma Excellence in Education Award, April 2007
- Outstanding Teacher Fellowship to study English Lit. at Oxford University, England Summer 1993
- Alma School Districts: Teacher of the Year Award 1990
- Governor’s Honor Ceremony for Recognizing Teaching Excellence 1990
- Delta Kappa Gamma International Scholarship Recipient for Doctoral Studies 1990
- Kappa State Scholarship Recipient for Doctoral Studies 1990
- Phi Delta Kappa Excellence in Teaching Award 1984-1985
- “Using a Variety of Assessment Strategies to Determine the Success of a Learning Program Outside the Classroom,” March/April 2006 issue of Assessment Update.
- “Teaching Emotional Intelligence” in Delta Kappa Gamma International Bulletin. Summer 2001 Issue. Delta Kappa Gamma Press.
- ” Verifying the Educational Value Orientations in the Curricular Decision Making Process of Pre-Service Teachers.” With Betsy Tutt. Educational Resources Information Center Clearing House on Teaching and Teacher Education, 2000.
- “Understanding and Using Change Forces: Developing Models” with Betsy Tutt. Educational Resources Information Center Clearing House on Teaching and Teacher Education, 2000.
- “Defining a Middle School” Activities included in Book “Activities for Teaching Middle School Teachers. Samuel Totten, et al. Spring 1999.