Biology Education B.S.
Delivery Method: Day/Fulton Campus
Upon completing this program, students will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate the process of scientific inquiry while relating the historical development of theories and knowledge in science.
- Analyze the relationship and interaction between science, technology and society.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the properties of matter and forces of nature.
- Demonstrate knowledge classification, structures and functions of living organisms.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ecosystem dynamics and interactions of organisms with the environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Earth processes and interactions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of characteristics, composition, and evolution of the universe.
Students who plan to teach biology in grades 9-12 in Missouri complete these major requirements and those of the Secondary Certification program (45 hours).
Students entering into the Teacher Education program stating fall 2012 will be required to have a laptop that meets eMINTS requirements.
Please refer to the following websites for laptop requirements:
Course List - Total Hours: 40
|Course #||Course Title||Hours|
|BIO114||General Biology I||4|
|BIO115||General Biology I, Laboratory||0|
|BIO124||General Biology II||4|
|BIO125||General Biology II, Laboratory||0|
|BIO209||Introduction to Environmental Science||3|
|CHM114||General Chemistry I||4|
|CHM115||General Chemistry I Lab||0|
|PHY202||Physics I, Lab||0|
|SCI205||The Scientific Enterprise||3|
|SCI230||Earth Science Lecture||3|