Degree Program Detail
Doctor of Education
- Education Specialist degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
- Graduate grade point average of 3.6 on a 4.0 scale;
- Two years experience working as an educator;
- Prerequisite coursework: Research Methods/Design and Research Statistics.
NO CANDIDATE WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION until the following are submitted and assessment is completed.
The following must be submitted before consideration for admission:
- Graduate Application
- Official transcripts showing masters and specialist degrees. Only transcripts received in a sealed envelope directly from the sending school will be considered official. Students graduating from William Woods University's masters and/or specialist programs do not need to submit new copies of transcripts already on file.
- Two academic letters of reference from professionals who can address the candidate's academic ability, potential for success in strenuous scholarly work, and past performances as an educator in the field. One letter must be from a supervisor. Applicants waive the right to disclosure of letters
- Professional vita
- Philosophy of Leadership statement highlighting the applicant's personal leadership characteristics and past professional leadership experiences, as well as the applicant's purpose in pursuing the doctoral degree and expectation of the benefit of obtaining the doctorate. This statement must be at least 750 words.
- Qualifying Assessment to be administered on the Fulton campus. Applicants will be notified of the assessment date after all other required materials are received.
Materials: All students will need access to a laptop computer for each course. Note: The Ed. D. program requirements are not aligned with any DESE certification.
Documents should be mailed to:
William Woods University
One University Ave.
Fulton, MO 65251
If you have additional questions regarding the program, please contact Dr. Doug Ebersold, email@example.com or 573-592-4339.
|EDU710||Aspects of Leadership|
|EDU720||Quantitative Analysis II|
|EDU730||Effective Educational Systems|
|EDU740||Exploration of Qualitative Research|
|EDU750||Organizational Learning and System Change|
|EDU760||Program Evaluation and Strategic Planning|
|EDU780||Dissertation Proposal Seminar|