Degree Program Detail
Doctorate of Education
William Woods Universityís cohort doctoral degree program is designed for educational leaders in pre K-12 and private institutions, as well as higher education institutions. The degree requires 18 hours of coursework and six hours of dissertation beyond an Education Specialist degree. Candidates must possess two years of experience as practicing educator before applying for the program. Acceptance into the program is selective.
Five themes are essential to the Educational Leadership program:
- Broadened professional background in areas related to leadership in teaching and learning, such as organizational design and re-design and methods for program improvement.
- Development of research and reflective practices in the field of leadership for teaching and learning.
- Increasing levels of cultural competence as it relates to a global perspective.
- Expansion of the concept of ethical decision-making as it relates to leadership skills.
- Enhancement of the ability to make ethical decisions based on data.
*NOTE: EDU790 Research Seminar is designed to allow the student time to continue in writing their dissertation. Students will enroll in the course every term until completion and defense of their dissertation.
|EDU710||Aspects of Leadership|
|EDU720||Quantitative Analysis II|
|EDU730||Effective Educational Systems|
|EDU740||Exploration of Qualitative Research|
|EDU750||Organizational Learning and System Change|
|EDU760||Program Evaluation and Strategic Planning|
|EDU780||Dissertation Proposal Seminar|