Policies and Procedures
To be considered for admission to Regular or Provisional Standing, a prospective student must submit a completed application for admission to Graduate & Adult Studies. A complete application for admission consists of the following:
- A completed William Woods University Graduate Admission Application Form.
- An official copy of the undergraduate transcript from the institution that awarded the baccalaureate degree, or an official copy of the graduate transcript from the institution that awarded the master’s degree (Ed.S. program only)
- Official copies of transcripts from all other undergraduate institutions at which the student accumulated 12 or more credit hours applied toward the baccalaureate issued by the institution referenced in #2 above.
- An official copy of the graduate transcript issued by any institution at which student received graduate credit.
- Such additional materials (e.g., summaries of professional experience, documentation of certification, letters of recommendation, et al.,) as may be required by the specific graduate program in which the prospective student proposes to study. [The materials that must be submitted vary according to the program to which application is being made. The materials and information that must be submitted for each program are detailed in the Graduate Programs section of this Bulletin under the heading “Admission.”]
Since application materials come from several sources, the entire application cannot be submitted at once. Thus, prospective students are encouraged to coordinate the submission of materials so that #1 above (a completed William Woods University Graduate Admission Application Form [GAAF]) arrives at the University or Graduate & Adult Studies first and is followed within no more than 45 days by all other elements.
The Graduate & Adult Studies will acknowledge receipt of the GAAF by mail and provide the applicant with a checklist of those materials required by the graduate program to which admission is being sought.
Students are subsequently notified when the application file is completed and is being forwarded to the graduate program for action.
Should the application file not be completed within 45 days of the receipt of the GAAF, the student will be required to determine status and intentions. Student failure to respond to this query removes the application from active status.
Levels of Admission
The applicant meets all requirements for admission
a) Complete program prerequisites by the date provided in the letter of admission.
b) Complete nine hours in their cohort with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Prerequisite courses and courses needed for educational certification would not apply toward this requirement. This requirement may be assigned to students who do not meet all program admission requirements.