An independent voice in higher education, William Woods University distinguishes itself as a student-centered and professions-oriented university committed to the values of ethics, self-liberation, and lifelong education of students in the world community.
- The liberal arts is the foundation of our mission.
- Responsiveness to student needs is paramount for success for both the students we serve and the institution's viability.
- An academic environment demonstrates and promotes creative, intellectual inquiry.
- Positive relationships among students, faculty, and staff enhance the learning experience.
- Education is inclusive and student-centered.
- The institution has a responsibility to demonstrate and promote ethical behavior.
- Total development of the individual prepares the individual for a constantly changing world.
- The culture of our university and communities is conducive to the positive development of relationships among students, faculty, and staff.
- A quality educational environment directly impacts outstanding student achievement.