- Programs and Degrees
- Related Education Resources
- Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments (MEGA)
Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments (MEGA)
The state Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) has developed a comprehensive approach for assessing the preparation of educators in Missouri.
MEGA is a series of assessments for prospective teachers, guidance counselors, librarians, principals, and superintendents.
The assessments include:
Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA)
All students are required to pass the MoGEA for admission to the Teacher Education Program. The assessment includes sections on English language arts, writing, mathematics, science, and social science. (This assessment replaced the CBASE.)
Missouri General Education Assessments (MoGEA) Update - effective 8/31/15
- Number of Subtests – The MoGEA originally had five subtests (English/Language Arts, Writing, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies). The revised MoGEA includes a combined Science and Social Studies.
- Additional Time – The amount of time for the Reading Comprehension & Interpretation and Mathematics subtests has been increased from 60 to 75 minutes.
- Test Code Changes – The MoGEA test codes have also changed.
- Passing Status for Tests Taken Before August 31, 2015 – Candidates will be able to carry their MoGEA passing scores forward with the exception of Science and/or Social Studies. Beginning August 31, 2015 candidates who have not passed both of the individual MoGEA Science and Social Studies subtests will need to pass the new combined Science and Social Studies subtest. Score reports will be available to students mid-December, 2015.
Missouri Educator Profile (MEP)
This assessment is designed to measure a person's work style as it relates to the field of education. The MEP is required for all students seeking admission to the Teacher Education Program.
Missouri Content Assessments
These exit exams must be completed by prospective educators, including teachers, counselors, librarians, principals, and superintendents, for all areas of certification they are seeking. (These assessments replaced the Praxis II.) Passing the Content Assessment is a requirement before being accepted to student teach.
For information on these assessments, go to: http://www.mo.nesinc.com