- Programs and Degrees
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Business Administration
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Business Administration
Invest in yourself and secure your future.
Business is at the core of how we function and operate in society. You might not realize it but everyone—whether or not they work in the business field— uses essential business skills like budgeting, negotiating, problem solving and time-management—every single day. It is not just a career path, but rather the development of solid life skills to help you excel in life.
The William Woods University Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program is designed to teach you to think critically, communicate effectively and equip you with the tools and strategies to take your ideas, thoughts and desires and put them into action.
An ACBSP-accredited program
With the help of dedicated faculty with business experience of their own, countless opportunities for professional experience through internships, team-based projects, regional and international business competitions, and so much more, you will gain the expertise needed to flourish in a wide variety of business careers. Embrace the opportunity to discover the economic, financial and ethical environment of the world we live and work in, all while learning valuable decision-making and leadership skills along the way.
Become an entrepreneur and start your own business, lead a team as a marketing coordinator at a fast-paced, advertising agency, see the fruit of your labor blossom as you help build a start-up company from the ground up. The possibilities are endless. It’s time to get involved in the business of making your dreams take form.
Choose from one of several specialized concentrations:
- Advertising and Marketing
- Economics and Finance
- Entrepreneurial Management—Only Offered Online
- Leadership—Only Offered Online
- Management of Information Systems
For those students looking to take a less traditional route and interested in earning your degree online, William Woods University also offers a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration online degree.
- Participate in faculty-led trips to marketing and business seminars in New York City and other locations across the country
- Engage with local businesses and gain hands-on experience through internships, simulated competitions through your capstone course, and client-based projects
- Join William Woods Collegiate-DECA team, recent first place winner in the international competition, and gain greater understanding and experience in your chosen career path through networking, travel and competition at both the regional and international level
- Gain experience collaborating and working in teams through many group-based projects in upper-level classes
- Utilize student facilities such as “The Think Tank” and the individual study lab, located close to faculty offices, allowing you quick and easy access to interacting with your business professors
- Take courses as part of the MBA in 5 program during your senior year and with one additional year, have a Masters degree under your belt
- Special events coordinator
- Senior analyst
- Recruiting specialist
- Funding documents coordinator
- Financial analyst
- Customer service representative
- Business project manager
- Director of sales
- Credit analyst
- Director of career services
- New business development
- Program administrator
- Director of professional development
- Human resource manager
- Marketing Coordinator
- And more
Our alumni have found successful careers in leading agencies, companies and organizations:
- MFA Incorporated
- Saint Louis Zoo
- FCS Financial
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- University of Missouri
- AT&T Cellular Connections
- GCG Financial
- American Family Insurance
- Tena Pharmaceuticals
- State Farm
- City of Columbia, Missouri
- Missouri Office State Courts Administration
- TKG Management
- CK Power
- Bryant University
- Columbia College
- MHC Kenworth
- Medical West
- Fulton State Hospital
- Kraft Foods Group
- And more
The small, supportive community of William Woods University had a major impact on me as a student and future businesswoman, as well as on me as an individual. The business department provided me with skills that will greatly aid my future career. I have become extremely competent in creating annual reports, executive reports, literature reviews and effective resumés. I will take these skills with me throughout my career.
— Eshell Estrella, business administration graduate
I came into the business program unsure about my future endeavors in the working world. However, after exploring many focused business courses and reflecting upon my professors’ personal teachings, my future plans were set. I am living my dreams.
— Chad Johansen, business administration graduate
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree at William Woods University consists of 122 distinct credit hours for graduation—including 48 core major credits and a 15-credit concentration in accounting, advertising and marketing, economics and finance, entrepreneurial leadership, management or MIS.
Courses you may take
Principles of Accounting I
Principles of Accounting II
Risk Management and Insurance
Principles of Marketing
Principles of Management
Learn more about undergraduate admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.