William Woods University students have studied in; Australia, Brazil, Ecuador, France,
Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Mexico, New Zealand, Scotland, Spain
and the Philippines over the past few years. The locations and cultures may have been
different, but every single student returned with the same desire to learn more about
the world and its people. We have affiliations with programs all over the world.
View our programs
Steps to Studying Abroad
Visit the Study Abroad Office as soon as possible (freshman year is not too soon to start your search) and speak with the advisor about program options and general William Woods University policies regarding study abroad. Pick up site-specific program information.
Review these materials carefully, keeping in mind your major, language abilities, and cultural interests.
Make an appointment with the Study Abroad Advisor. The study abroad advisor will talk with you about your academic interests and requirements, assist you in narrowing down your program choices, explain application forms, discuss financial aid and billing policies, and provide information to help you fill out your William Woods University Study Abroad application form (DOC). It is generally necessary to speak with your study abroad advisor more than once during the application process.
Meet with your academic advisor and the registrar to have them review your course choices on your application. Your academic advisor and registrar will be able to guide you as to how the courses you plan to take overseas will transfer toward your WWU degree.
Meet with the financial aid office to check out the possibility of obtaining a scholarship and/or using your financial aid for study abroad. The study abroad advisor also has a listing of all the scholarship available for which you may apply.
Return Study Abroad application (DOC) to the Study Abroad Office where it will be checked to see that the proper signatures are in place. Then you will be given an application for the specific program you wish to attend.
Study Abroad Websites
- Arcadia University offers study abroad opportunities in a wide variety of countries including numerous countries in Europe, China, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. William Woods University students may enroll in study abroad opportunities through Arcadia University.
- CEA offers study abroad opportunities in 14 countries and 25 cities across the globe. Their website also includes a Study Abroad newsletter and other helpful resources.
- With 60 years of international educational exchange experience, CIEE is another excellent provider to consider for your study abroad experience. Like the other programs, they offer a variety of countries in which to study.
- The American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS) offers college students study abroad opportunities in 13 countries with a multi-country option as well.
- AustraLearn provides study abroad opportunities in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific. Their site also provides an information link for parents.
- International Enrichment, Inc. is a consortium of thirty-nine colleges and universities of which William Woods University is one. This consortium provides students the opportunity to study in London with other students from the Midwest. This program also encourages internship experiences while in London.
- StudyAbroad.com is a search engine that allows you to navigate the Internet in search of other study abroad opportunities. This site also provides useful information when planning a study abroad experience including the Study Abroad Handbook.
Please direct any questions regarding study abroad programs to: