American Sign Language Interpreting Major

ASL studentAt William Woods, we will prepare you to effectively communicate and interpret between American Sign Language (ASL) and English. You will attain knowledge of the culture and community of the Deaf, the interpreting process and ethical standards, as well as a few specialized areas of interpreting. Effective in 2012, candidates for National RID Interpreter Certification must have a minimum of a bachelor's degree.

Bachelor of Arts

The Bachelor of Arts in American Sign-Language English Interpreting comprises 54 credits. Majors associated with the bachelor of arts are most appropriate to students seeking a liberal-learning,pre-professional or graduate school orientation.

Bachelor of Science

The Bachelor of Science in American Sign Language-English Interpreting comprises 54 credits. This degree does not require a minor.