Online Master of Education in STEM
Build bright futures
Students of every age must prepare to think deeply about solving the world’s most pressing problems — those at hand, and those of the future. They are tomorrow’s researchers, leaders, innovators and educators. Unfortunately, too few teachers are prepared to teach the specific nuances of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
The Online Master of Education (MEd) in STEM at William Woods is an interdisciplinary approach to teaching these concepts, with the purpose of removing barriers that separate these four disciplines, integrating them into real-world, rigorous and relevant learning experiences.
Using the Next Generation Science Standards as a guide to comprehensive STEM education, specific principles and skills to be addressed as essential are:
- Asking questions and defining problems
- Developing and using models
- Planning and carrying out investigations
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Using mathematics and computational thinking
- Constructing explanations and designing solutions
- Engaging in arguments from evidence
- Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
Courses provide an in-depth understanding of the origin of STEM and its Guiding Principles, STEM literacy, and the integration of the content into and across the K-12 curriculum. They teach the integration of technology (including coding), engineering (including robotics), and project-based learning with real world applications into curricula.
The online graduate degree combines the academic excellence and supportive teaching culture of the William Woods equestrian program with the convenience and affordability of a nationally ranked online education program. You will receive quality online instruction through the latest educational technology and collaborate with your peers in an interactive and engaging learning environment.
Your Master of Education (M.Ed.) degree at work
This degree prepares you to be a leader of any kind of STEM education in your school. You will learn how to teach the research process to students. In addition, because it is such a relevant topic in the world today, graduates can take these topics and research the implementation of these courses themselves or the application of these courses in the K-12 classroom.
You will earn the degree by completing …Need to know number of credit requirements
Courses you may take:
- EDU564 STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering and Math – An Introduction
- EDU520 Research Design
- EDU581 Integrating Technology into the Curriculum
- EDU565 STEM: Engineering Design
- EDU558 Software Applications for Academic Programs
- EDU566 STEM: Technology and Coding
- EDU567 STEM: Citizen Science-Project Based Learning
- EDU590 Appraisal of Student Learning
- EDU586 Action Research Capstone (6 cr. hr.)
Your digital classroom. Available anywhere.
William Woods online graduate programs are available to students across the country. From our main campus in Fulton, Missouri and beyond, our online program graduates hail from California, Illinois, Kansas, Washington, Arkansas and many more.
Learn more about online admissions requirements, deadlines, tuition and financial aid available to you.