Commencement Stream for Mac Users
Flip4Mac will allow you to view a Windows Media Stream on a Mac computer.
- Download for Lion & Mountain Lion (OS X 10.7/10.8)
- Download for Leopard & Snow Leopard (OS X 10.5/10.6)
Quit all QuickTime applications (Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome, Flip Player, QuickTime Player,etc.) and follow these steps:
- Download the DMG file from the links above.
- Locate the DMG file in your Downloads folder.
- Double-click the disk image file to mount the disk image.
- Click and drag Flip Player icon into the Applications folder.
- If you are installing Flip4Mac, double-click Flip4Mac.pkg icon, and follow the steps to install both Flip4Mac and Flip Player software.
- Relaunch your Web browser and QuickTime applications. If both Flip Player and Flip4Mac are installed, there will be a Flip Player application and Flip4Mac folder in your Mac Applications folder, otherwise only the Flip Player application will be present. You can run Flip Player at any time by double-clicking the application icon. You can drag the icon to your dock for easy access in the future.
Opening the Commencement Stream
- To open a movie stream in Flip Player, select File > Open Stream, enter a valid URL (located below) for the stream source, then click Open.
- URL to view the stream: mms://videostream.williamwoods.edu/WWULive
To remove Flip4Mac and Flip Player from your computer when both are installed, follow these steps:
- In the Finder, open the Applications > Flip4Mac folder.
- Double-click Flip4Mac Uninstaller.pkg and follow the instructions.
- Relaunch your Web browser and QuickTime applications.