MBA in 5 Program
Information for Business Majors & non-Business Majors
All William Woods University students, regardless of their major, have the opportunity to participate in William Woods University’s MBA in 5 program. This saves you both time and money (approximately 40% savings on the cost of a regular MBA). Students will graduate from William Woods in five years (or less) with both their Bachelor’s degree and a Master's degree in Business Administration. See the major checklist for a complete list of MBA classes.
How the MBA in 5 Works for Business Administration Majors
During a student’s senior year, a Business Administration major will take two MBA courses in the fall/spring semester and two MBA courses in the spring/fall semester in addition to any undergraduate courses they need to complete. The MBA courses are 8 weeks long and meet one night a week from 6-10 p.m. Students can count the four MBA courses towards their 122 required hours for an undergraduate degree and then transfer those credits into the MBA program upon graduation. During the students’ fifth or final year at William Woods, they will take the remainder of their MBA coursework either on campus or online. (See information for Business Administration minors for non-Business majors.)
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree with the MBA track comprises 48 core credits, 15 hours of a selected concentration, and 12 MBA credits. This degree does not require a minor.
Business Administration Major MBA in 5 Checklist
How the MBA in 5 Works for non-Business Majors
Students in any major can participate in the MBA in 5 program, as long as they minor in business administration. During their senior year, students will take two MBA courses in the fall/spring semester and two in the spring/fall semester. The MBA courses are 8 weeks long and meet one night a week from 6-10 p.m. Students can count the four MBA courses towards their 122 required hours and then transfer the four courses into the MBA program upon graduation for dual credit. During their fifth or final year at William Woods, students will take the remainder of their MBA coursework either on campus in the evening or online.
Business Administration Major Business Administration Minor checklist
Students interested in the MBA in 5 should consult with their advisors or a business faculty member.
Can any transfer student, regardless of major, enroll in the MBA in 5 program?
- Yes, any transfer student is eligible to enroll in the MBA in 5 program by enrolling as a Business Administration major or a Business Administration minor (pre-MBA). However, the transfer student will need to consult with his or her academic advisor to determine if timely graduation is possible.
Am I eligible for institutional scholarships?
- Students are eligible for institutional scholarships their freshman through senior years at William Woods University. Graduate students at William Woods University are not eligible for institutional scholarships and therefore during the 5th year of the MBA in 5 students are not eligible for institutional scholarships. Other forms of financial are available, see below.
What is the cost of tuition during my 5th year?
- Students will pay the graduate tuition charged posted during that academic year. Graduate Tuition
Am I eligible for financial aid?
- As a graduate student you are eligible for student loans.
Am I required to live on campus during my 5th year?
- No, you are not required to live on campus your 5th year. If you elect to live on campus you will be billed applicable room and board charges.