Our Commitment to Business
Invest in your future
Immerse yourself in a community of dedicated faculty, passionate students, and involved alumni as you gain the expertise needed to flourish in your future business career. Whether it’s your dream to secure a position at a major accounting firm, advertising and marketing agency, tech company, or nonprofit; whether you hope to be the CEO at a top corporation, or an entrepreneur — the business program at William Woods will equip you with the decision-making and leadership skills needed to excel in any career goal.
Choose from a variety of bachelor’s degrees in business, from Accounting to Management Information Systems (MIS) to Business Administration and pursue a concentration in a variety of areas, including Advertising and Marketing, Accounting, Economics and Finance, MIS, and Management.
Take a step up in your business career with our MBA in Entrepreneurial Leadership and develop the skills to navigate the demanding and ever-evolving world of business. Learn to take calculated risks and build smart, agile teams that deliver results through evening courses tailored to fit your schedule. Offered in convenient locations around the state, the MBA in Entrepreneurial Leadership features rigorous coursework with real-world relevance, designed and taught by professionals who have proven their experience in the corporate world.
An ACBSP-accredited program
Become an entrepreneur and start your own business. Lead a team as a marketing coordinator at a fast-paced, advertising agency. See the fruit of your labor blossom as you help build a start-up company from the ground up. Work your way up the ranks to President of a major corporation. It’s time to get involved in the business of making your dreams take form.
Accelerate Your Success with our MBA in 5 Program.
As essential as a four-year degree can be, the ultimate goal for an aspiring business leader or entrepreneur is the Master of Business Administration, usually a two-year graduate program. An MBA from William Woods helps you develop the leadership skills you need to meet tomorrow’s business challenges at the management level: team building, business analysis, law, ethics and more. With our accelerated MBA In 5 program, you can earn this degree in a total of five years instead of six.
William Woods University alumni are currently working in management, finance, marketing, human resources and other positions at these and many other organizations:
- Bank of America
- Briggs & Stratton
- Carmichael Lynch Advertising
- Dollar General Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson
- State of Missouri
- Target Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness
- United Way
Undergraduate Business Programs
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Management Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Business Administration
- MBA in 5 Program
- Online Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in Workforce Leadership
- Online Bachelor of Science (BS) in Business Administration
Graduate Business Programs
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Online Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Online Master of Healthcare Administration
Facilities and Opportunities at William Woods University
The skills you develop — leadership, financial competency, organizational theory, information systems and more — will show your organization that you are ready to take your place among its leaders. Gain experience through a wide array of opportunities on and off campus.
- Take on real-world clients and solve business problems in your coursework
- Obtain a global perspective through study abroad and international competitions
- Work with clients to create, manage and revise websites through the Student Website Advancement Team (SWAT), a student-managed business on campus
- Attend faculty-recommended conferences and other networking opportunities
- Work with faculty mentors to conduct advanced projects customized to your career goals
- Interact with the community through service learning opportunities
- Join internationally-acclaimed William Woods Collegiate-DECA team and network at both the regional and international level
- Attend marketing and business seminars in New York City and beyond
- Engage with local businesses through internships and client-based projects
- Collaborate and work in teams through group-based projects in upper-level classes
- Utilize student facilities such as “The Think Tank” and the individual study lab, located close to faculty offices and allowing you easy interaction with business professors
With William Woods, you’re able to get the one on one. You get that direct feedback that you wouldn’t get in a large classroom setting.
—Benjamin Gakinya, MBA in Entrepreneurial Leadership '12, Bachelor in Management August 2008, Managing Director - Plaza Event Center at Parkade Center, Columbia, Missouri
The MIS program at William Woods is one I would recommend to anyone. Many of the classes allow hands-on experiences, and the professors are willing to go out of their way to help you succeed.
—Stacie Bonte, MIS, '07, Digital Communications Specialist at Fleishman-Hillard
I found the smaller class sizes to be beneficial because I was able to become close with all the students studying in the same area. The professors were willing and able to put in the extra time to make sure that I really understood the materials.
—Adam Mulari, Bachelor of Science in Accounting, '04, University of Colorado Sturm College of Law, '07